The White Elm, located in Cambridge, was believed to be where George Washington stood when he took command of the troops in 1775. After it died and fell in 1923, it was divided into approximately 1000 pieces and distributed throughout Massachusetts. This is one of those pieces.
|Dimensions||H-0.85 W-1.9 L-2.75 inches|
|Collection||Local History Resource Center|
|Subjects||Washington, George, 1732-1799|
|Legal Status||Property of the Peabody Institute Library, Peabody, MA|