Round Bowl/Vase, blue and white, rimmed in gold. Images of Peabody Center, the Library, George Peabody House and Lexington Monument in black and white on sides. Mark states that the piece was made for George Pauley and Son, number 1277.
George H. Pauley and Son owned a remnant and crockery store in Peabody at 9 1/2 Main Street. They advertised German, Austrian and English China with local views. The store seems to have only been in business a year or two, whereafter he devoted his time to his Leather and Cloth Suspender Trimmings Business located at the rear of Berry Street. Pauley left Peabody in 1907 for England.
George H. Pauley was born in June 1871 in England. The 1900 census lists him as a suspender manufacturer. He married Laura M. ----- around 1896. She was born in Vermont but her parents came from Massachusetts. In 1900, they had two sons, Earl G. and George R. Pauley.
|Dimensions||H-6.5 Dia-7.6 inches|
|Collection||Local History Resource Center|
|Subjects||Pauley, George H. 1871--|
|Legal Status||Property of the Peabody Institute Library, Peabody, MA|