|Object Name||Transparency, Slide|
W.P. Elwell Electrician at 24 to 28 Main Street, Peabody, MA in 1920's.
W. P. Elwell, Electrician which is located over Better's Men Shop was at 91 Main Street in 1929, across the street and by the mid 1930's was gone from Peabody. Since Woolworth didn't come into business into Peabody until the 1920's, this narrows the date of the slide to the 1920's, though it's still not clear just when Elwell was located over Better's at 26 Main St.
William P. Elwell was awarded contract for wiring Center School in 1913 and Andrew Elwell received the Henry Price Medal at a meeting of Amity and Mosaic Lodges in Danvers in 1916.
Betters Men Store was in business from the 1920's to 1960.
Gordon's was in business from the 20's to 1959, Wooworth until 1963.
|Title||24 to 28 Main St., Peabody, MA|
|Copyright||All copyrights belong to the Peabody Institute Library, Peabody, MA|
|Collection||Local History Resource Center|
|Subjects||Peabody (Mass.) - History|