|Scope & Content||
Plan shows position of electric lines coming from Salem into Peabody. The map shows Spring Pond, which was Peabody's reservoir; property of Mrs. Blachelder; Town of Peabody; Frank L. Newhall; Mrs. Brown; Charles E. Marsh; the Ice House and Brown's Pound. Lynn Street is also shown on the map.
The bottom of the map shows the elevation of the proposed lines.
There is a note that reads: "Proposed location of line shown in Red, over and across Lands owned by the Town of Peabody.
The drawing was done by R.W.G and also traced the map on January 21, 1914. The sruvey was prepared by Chalres H. Tenney & Co. who was an engineer and worked in Boston. The survey was done as part of the Salem Electric Lighting Company of Salem, MA. The map would be traced by George A. Barnaby in May of 1929.
Plan No. 216
|Access Conditions||Restricted to use in Sutton Room or Research Room.|
|Creator||Salem Electric Lighting Co.|
|Title||Plan of Overhead System Transmission line across Town of Peabody at Peabody-Salem Line.|
|Level of description||Item|
|Copyrights||All copyrights belong to the Peabody Institute Library, Peabody, MA|
|Collection||Local History Resource Center|
|Size||28 x 18" / 46 x 71.12 cm|