|Scope & Content||
Plan shows division of plots on Ellsworth, Augustus and James Streets. There is a not on Ellsworth Street that a strip of land 6 inches wide is reserved.
James Augustus King for whom two of these streets were named died Jan. 1, 1908 at his home at 193 Lowell Street. Owned a large amount of land, had been a farmer, engaged in the wool and milk business.
Capt. Thomas Ellsworth died August 29, 1911 and Ellsworth Street is named after him. He was instrumental in developing that section of the town for residential purposes.
King Street first appears in the street directories in 1906. Ellsworth Street appears in 1907 and James and Augustus follow in 1910.
R.W. Seamans was the engineer who did the survey. The original map was created in October of 1906 may have been lost because this is copy of the original that was traced by George A. Barnaby in June of 1929.
Plan No. 230
Sheet No. 1
Section No. 1
Note: Total Sheets 1
|Access Conditions||Restricted to use in Sutton Room or Research Room.|
|Creator||R. W. Seamans|
|Level of description||Item|
|Copyrights||All copyrights belong to the Peabody Institute Library, Peabody, MA|
|Collection||Local History Resource Center|
|Size||28 x 18"|