|Scope & Content||
The minutes and accounts for School District Number Eleven for the years 1844-1857.
Includes minutes written in a variety of hands and signed by Andrew Nichols, Syvanus Dodge, James King, Dr. Joseph Osgood, Francis Baker, George F. Osborne and James A. Lord
The records detail any controversies encountered, repairs made upon the school, the efforts to either expand or build a new school, the difficulty in deciding which land to buy and choosing candidates for the Committee of Trustees for the Peabody Donation. In 1857, with the separation of South Danvers from Danvers, the school district changed its number from eleven to two.
|Access Conditions||Restricted to use in Sutton Room or Research Room.|
|Physical characteristics||One handwritten bound volume|
|Creator||School District Eleven|
|Title||Records of School District Number Eleven|
|Level of description||Item|
|Copyrights||All copyrights belong to the Peabody Institute Library, Peabody, MA|
|Collection||Local History Resource Center|
School Committee Reports--Peabody (Mass.).