|Scope & Content||
A 28 x 18" starched linen map shows a new school, which replaced both the Rockville School and the primary school on Lynn Street which was still known as Boston Road. It continued to be called the Rockville School until 1888 when it began to be referred to as the South Peabody School. By 1894, it became known as the South School.
This is a duplicate of the orginal. It is unknown what happened to the original. The land was surveyed by Charles A. Putnam on June 11th, 1869. The map was traced from the original by George A. Barnaby in February of 1928.
Plan No. 36
|Access Conditions||Restricted to use in Sutton Room or Research Room.|
|Physical characteristics||Starched Linen Map|
|Creator||George A. Barnaby|
|Title||Plan of Proposed School House Lot, And roads Leading to the Same, Peabody.|
|Copyrights||All copyrights belong to the Peabody Institute Library, Peabody, MA|
|Collection||Local History Resource Center|