|Scope & Content||
Plan shows original boundaries of Gardner Street and the plans for widening it. Additional information includes a proposed street, that would most likely become Seneca Road and Abington Avenue, near the O'Connell Real Estate Trust and W.H. Jacobs property. The street would connet with Margin Street. The widening of Gardner Street shown here was petitioned for by the O'Connell Real Estate Trust.
George A. Gleason, resident engineer listed on plan was chief engineer of O'Connell Real Estate Trust that was located in Worcester.
From 1899 to 1911 the Gardner Farm was owned by Charles E. Hinkley. Farm was listed at 42 Gardner St. and was a dairy farm. Hinkley was also associated with the Thomas Dairy Farm in Salem. When he sold the Gardner Farm in 1912 to the O'Connell Real Estate Trust, there's no record of him staying in either Peabody or Salem, nor of his death. It seems that he moved to another town.
O. Willis Rugg was the resident engineer who did the survey on April 30, 1912. The original map may have been lost because this is copy of the original that was traced by George A. Barnaby in May of 1929.
Plan No. 229
Note: Total Sheets 1
|Access Conditions||Restricted to use in Sutton Room or Research Room.|
|Creator||W. Willis Rugg|
|Title||Plan Showing Proposed Widening of Gardner Street as Petitioned by the O'Connell Real Estate Trust.|
|Level of description||Item|
|Copyrights||All copyrights belong to the Peabody Institute Library, Peabody, MA|
|Collection||Local History Resource Center|
|Size||28 x 18"|
Jacobs, W. H.
Hinkley, Charles E.
Gleason, George A.