|Scope & Content||
Plan shows Fenton Street, Russell Street and Arnold Ave. Also shown is Forest Street, Walcott Street; and Farnham Sreet.
The Town Warrant at end of 1913 Town Report for the 1914 Town Meeting has as item # 16 "To see if the town of will appropriate the sum of $500 for the purpose of completing the construction of Walcott Street and Farnham Avenue in Kingscroft; agreeably to the petition of Louis Boudreau and others.
Louis Boudreau was listed in the 1915 street directory as living at Farnham Ave. north of Forest and working as a shoe maker.
#23 On Warrant: "To hear and act upon the report of the Selectmen laying out Orchard street as a public town way."
#24 on Warrant: "To hear and act upon the report of the Selectmen laying out King Street and Arnold Avenue, so called, in Kingscroft, as public town ways.
1915 Town Report states $505.35 was spent on Walcott Street and Farnham Ave.
The Town Warrant at the end of the 1914 Report, has as item # 19: "To see if the town will raise and appropriate the sum of $900 for the purpose of finishing the construction of Coleman Street and Arnold Avenue in Kingscroft; agreeably to the petition of Edward J. O'Connell and others.
Edward J. O'Connell was listed in the 1915 street directory as living on Coleman St. north of Forest and as a clerk.
# 22: To hear and act upon the report of the Selectmen laying out portions of Fenton Street, Russell Street and Arnold Ave. as public town ways.
# 23 : to lay out Ellen Ave. as a town way.
#24: to lay out Davis Street and the extension of Ellsworth Rd as public town ways.
# 25: to lay out Davis Terrace as town way.
#27: to lay out Augustus Street as town way.
Once more the Warrant at the end of the 1914 Report has Edward J. O'Connell petitioning for the completion of Arnold Ave. and the town still working on the other streets.
Ellen Street in map is the present day Thorndike Street. (Salem Evening News, Feb. 5, 1915)
The Davis Street on this map is the present day Ray Street. The name was changed in 1918.
The Tenney Street on the plan was never built.
Russell Street on third plan appears to be a continuation of Walcott Street. Fenton Street on plan comes at a 90 degree angle off of Arnold Ave. not perpendicular as shown on plan.
Frank Emerson was the city engineer who did the survey. The original map may have been lost because this is copy of the original that was traced by George A. Barnaby in April of 1929.
Plan No. 232
Sheet No. 3
Note: Total Sheets 3
|Access Conditions||Restricted to use in Sutton Room or Research Room.|
|Title||Location of Proposed New Roads in King Highlands|
|Copyrights||All copyrights belong to the Peabody Institute Library, Peabody, MA|
|Collection||Local History Resource Center|