|Old ID number||2003.361|
|Scope & Content||
Plan shows sewer line going under Goldthwaite Brook and tracks of the Boston & Maine Railroad beside Naumkeag Steam Cotton Co. Map also shows the sewer intercepting piping leading to and from the plant.
Naumkeag Steam Cotton Company on map owned the Danvers Bleachery and Dye Company, located at the junction of Foster and Washington Streets. It was bought by Grant Walker, owner of the Pequot Mills in Salem in 1909. It is these buildings that are represented on the plan.
Frank Emerson, city engineer, did the survey in December of 1916 and the map was traced by George A. Barnaby in December of 1928.
Plan No. 197
|Access Conditions||Restricted to use in Sutton Room or Research Room.|
|Creator||City of Peabody|
City of Peabody Plan showing location of 18" Intercepting Sewer
Under Tracks of South Reading Branch, Boston and Maine Railroad.
|Level of description||Item|
|Copyrights||All copyrights belong to the Peabody Institute Library, Peabody, MA|
|Collection||Local History Resource Center|
|Size||28 x 18" / 46 x 71.12 cm|