|Scope & Content||
Preliminary laying out of existing street off Wallis Street, part of which is called Prescott Street. It's path is described until it ends at School Street in Salem.
Street laid out is not named, other than it being called Prescott Street at one end and on reverse of map, Dark Lane which is the present day Tremont Street. While the road was already in existence, here it was being expanded. It was called Prescott Street because of the existence of Prescott Hill and burying ground on this street.
The map shows the property lines for : J.S. Sibley
J. & H. Bushby; Samuel Cheever; W.D. Northend; H. Poor; Mrs. L. Stanley; Mrs. Wilson; E. Poor; Silas Wilson; Jonas Harrington; G.H. Devereux; J. Nichols; Samuel Crane; S. Shove; P.R. Southwick; Miles Osborne; A. & C. Osborne; J. Shillaber and A. Buxton.
The may was created in December of 1849 by John W. Proctor who did the survey of the land.
|Access Conditions||Restricted to use in Sutton Room or Research Room.|
|Creator||John W. Proctor|
|Title||Laying out and expansion of Tremont Street, Peabody.|
|Level of description||Item|
|Copyrights||All copyrights belong to the Peabody Institute Library, Peabody, MA|
|Collection||Local History Resource Center|
|Size||9" x 43"|