|Scope & Content||
One 26" x 52" map showing the plans for a proposed horse rail road route from Lynn To Peabody in 1883.
The main focus of this map is Washington Street and Lynn Street. There are buildings and other markers on the map, but many of them are not named. What is shown is that Tapley's Brook runs under where Washington Street and Lynnfield Street meet.There is also chapel of an unknown denomination on Lynn Street. A hotel existed at the corner of Washington Street and High Street. Marked houses include: Callugia; Reed's Store; Emerson and Brown House.
The side streets include: High Street; Allens Lane; [ unknown ] Way (2); Dustin Street; Swampscott Avenue; Forster Street; Colfax Street; Granite Street; Road to Cemetery; Tucker Street; Brown Street; [ unknown ] Street and County Street.
Charles A. Putnam, civil engineer of Salem did the survey.
|Access Conditions||Restricted to use in Sutton Room or Research Room.|
|Creator||Charles A. Putnam|
|Title||Plans Showing Proposed Horse Rail Road Route, From Lynn To Peabody from 1883.|
|Copyrights||All copyrights belong to the Peabody Institute Library, Peabody, MA|
|Collection||Local History Resource Center|
|Size||26" x 52"|
|Relation||Show Related Records...|