|Scope & Content||
Map shows the lay out of all the property to be developed at Gardner Parkway and the areas surrounding it.
This land was owned by the O'Connell Real Estate Trust Company after it bought out the Gardner Farm in 1911-12.
George A. Gleason, resident engineer listed on plan was chief engineer of O'Connell Real Estate Trust that was located in Worcester.
From 1899 to 1911 the Gardner Farm was owned by Charles E. Hinkley. Farm was listed at 42 Gardner St. and was a dairy farm.
Hinkley was also associated with the Thomas Dairy Farm in Salem. When he sold the Gardner Farm in 1912 to the O'Connell Real Estate Trust, there's no record of him staying in either Peabody or Salem, nor of his death. It seems that he moved to another town.
O. Willis Rugg is listed as Consulting Engineer.
The Randolph Road listed on map is present day Nickerson Rd.
The Clarendon Road listed on map is present day Nelson Road
The Holly Street on map is present day Driscoll Street
The Crest Avenue listed on map is present day Walsh Ave.
The Mannix on the plan could be either Elizabeth M. Mannix, listed at the rear of 26 Northend Street with a business there or Thomas E. Mannix, a farm hand, who was also listed at the rear of 26 Northend Street.
The survey was done by the George A. Gleason in 1913. It is unknown what happened to the original. This copy was traced by George A. Barnaby in May of 1929.
Plan No. 236
|Access Conditions||Restricted to use in Sutton Room or Research Room.|
|Creator||George A. Gleason|
Final Plan Of Gardner Park
Section A and Section B
|Level of description||Item|
|Copyrights||All copyrights belong to the Peabody Institute Library, Peabody, MA|
|Collection||Local History Resource Center|
|Size||46 x 71.12 cm|
Campas, Manuel T.
Sylvester, Edward J.
Pacheco, Mrs. Mary C.
Barrett, Margaret A.
McPhee, J. O.
Pratt, Elmer E.
Irving, William A.
Jacobs, William H.
French, John V.