|Scope & Content||
Plan shows one street going from Central Street to Endicott Street and the other coming off just past the railroad tracks and going south to Lowell Street. Property that the road would go through includes Joshua Buxton; Jonathan Shillaber and the Heirs of E.J. Folsom. The road would connect with Central street
The two streets being laid out are the present day Warren Street and Crowninshield Street.
Peabody Press states that Stephen Blaney owned the Crowninshield House which is confirmed on this map. This building was used originally by the Crowninshields for the manufacture of cloth, later bought by Stephen Blaney (date unknown). In 1877, Blaney with other businessmen to turn the building into a shoe factory, which was done in 1878 and later became the site of the A. C. Lawrence Leather Co.
Charles A. Putnam was the engineer who did the survey. The original map may have been lost because this is copy of the original that was traced by George A. Barnaby in September of 1929.
Plan No. 233
Sheet No. 1
Note: Total Sheets 4
|Access Conditions||Restricted to use in Sutton Room or Research Room.|
|Creator||Charles Appleton Putnam|
|Title||Plan and Profiles of Proposed New Roads in Peabody|
|Level of description||Item|
|Copyrights||All copyrights belong to the Peabody Institute Library, Peabody, MA|
|Collection||Local History Resource Center|
|Size||46 x 71.12 cm|